Monday, October 21, 2013

October Pedersen Update

Although it has been hard being away from our families and starting a new life where we had absolutely no one, we have really grown to love where we are.  There are thousands of people that wish they could be in our shoes so we are incredibly grateful to be here.  Kjarom has worked so hard and deserves every bit of this.

Kjarom has really gotten into the grind of school and has a pretty regular schedule now.  He is at school M-Th till about 8 and Fridays a little earlier.  He is very dedicated and much better about all this work than I could ever be.  Right after classes he goes to the library to study until dinner time.  He is trying as much as he can to leave school work at school so he can spend the evenings with me and give me all of his attention.  I'm not sure if this will be able to continue all three years, but he is definitely doing his best to remember family.

People are always asking me how Kjarom is handling the stress of law school and I have to say I've got a pretty incredible husband.  He is very good about holding things in and while I am 100% sure he is stressed about all the work he has to do, he doesn't use it to bring anyone else around him down.  Like I said, he has been doing a great job of leaving school at school.  It's a quality I really admire about him.

As for me, I have taken my California Law and Ethics examination and passed with flying colors! :)  My license should be in the mail within the next couple weeks and then it is time to start cleaning teeth again!  In the mean time I have been working at baby gap.  They seriously have the cutest little clothes in the world.  I love it there.  Plus the discount I get at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy is probably a little too good.

We have been to every single Stanford football game and we love that we won't ever have to stand in snow during a game here.  The weather has been absolutely beautiful.  With highs of about 80, it really doesn't get any better.  We have been going to a couple of Volleyball and Soccer games as well because for each event we go to, we earn what is called loyalty points.  Those with the most loyalty points have a better chance of getting in to both the Oregon and Cal football games this year.  I know what you're thinking... Cal?  They're awful.  But they're the big rivals here I guess.  Much like the BYU - Utah rivalry.  Speaking of...  we are clearly Utah's lucky charm.  Maybe Kjarom will transfer to Oregon and Utah will beat them too.  Ugh.  Kill me.

Anyway, all in all we love where we are.  We are still kind of in shock that we are at Stanford.  I'm so proud of Kjarom for working so hard.  I really admire his work ethic and dedication.  You can do anything with hard work and Kjarom is living proof of that.  I love him!

We want visitors!  Let us know if you're ever in the San Francisco area. We would love to see you! :)


2 comments:

  1. So fun to read! Glad you are loving it. Lets get together sometime! Which baby gap do you work at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meagan! I am going to write you a message on facebook :)

      Delete