Friday, January 6, 2012

As Time Goes On...

I'M BACK! :)

I'm really disappointed at how awful I have been about keeping this blog up-to-date. It's almost been 6 months, which I see as somewhat of a good thing comparing it to my last post. That means Kurtis is almost 1/4 done with his mission! I am so proud of him and all the hard work he has been putting into this time of his life. Although he may be away from his family, he is helping other families to be together for eternity and that is pretty incredible if you ask me.
Typical mission picture in Japan... Kurtis with Mt. Fuji in the back!

We got to talk to the amazing Elder Murray himself and that made Christmas just that much better. I love him!




Something else has happened since I've last posted. See in the last post how I'm wearing the ugliest scrubs anyone could ever make? Well, good news ... those are gone FOREVER! I am DONE with Dental Hygiene school and couldn't be happier. It was a long road full of stress, tears and I'll admit it... a few laughs. A HUGE thank you to those of you who came in to be a patient for me even when it was last minute. I could not have made it through without you. The biggest thank you needs to go out to my parents and my sweet husband. They're the ones that ALWAYS knew what was going on, how stressed I was ... they dealt with the tears when patients decide to cancel last minute ... they were there through it all. Thank you for your prayers, for your comforting words and just for being you. I love you!

I NEVER thought the day would come. Diploma, tassel and THE Golden Scaler.
What is the golden scaler you ask? Best Clinician in the class :)
(That means you'll want to follow me wherever I go so I'm the one to clean your teeth!)

Again, a huge thank you to everyone who was there for me when I needed you and even those of you who just dealt with all my begging on facebook for patients. It's over now! Now you can come see me in a real dental office because I've passed ALL my board exams with flying colors and I head out to the Department of Licensing on Monday to turn in all my papers so I can receive my license and start working. WAHOO!!

2 comments:

  1. You are the one to have clean teeth and to give injections. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you......but I think you already know that! Graduating from UCDH as Best Clinician in your class was a MAJOR accomplishment. Thanks for being such a good big sister too! Mom loves you.

    ReplyDelete